How to put your animation career in motion? By first setting type into motion.
Stop-motion is perhaps the most basic form of animation and moving image, with sequential frames literally put together in order to create a sense of movement. Using typography created from various material, we will create an ~10 second stop motion piece on a topic introduced at the workshop.
Students will begin with coming up with an idea for their narrative, and then move on to planning details (materials, timing, lighting etc) via a story board. The second half of the workshop will focus on execution with a photoshoot and putting together of the series of photos to create the animation.
- Creating a clear narrative for a short animation/stop-motion.
- Storyboarding to understand sequence and production details.
- Working with tactile typography.
- A DSLR camera. A phone camera will also do
- Cartridge paper
- One large chart paper of approximately A1 size
- Pencils, markers, eraser, ruler, cutter, glue, masking tape
- A range of craft materials like coloured paper, thread, paint, glitter, sequins, paper cups, ribbons etc., (to be provided by the institute)
Date & Time: 9th September, 10.00am to 2.00pm
Venue: Ecole intuit.lab, Prabhadevi
Free Admission – Prior registration compulsory.